(last update: 14.11.2008 r.)
- Advanced mathematical methods for modelling and analysis of Inverse Problems in Mechanics (IPM).
- Intelligent computing (machine learning and especially neural networks, fuzzy sets, evolutionary methods and strategies, immunological systems).
- Damage detection and health monitoring in structures and materials of civil and mechanical engineering.
- Advanced methods for material and structure parameter identification and calibration.
- Probabilistic identification and Bayesian inference in IPM, Kalman filter methodology.
- Sensitivity analysis in IPM of biomechanical systems.
- Topology and shape parameter identification, computational tomography, relation to optimal design for unspecified topology and boundary shape.
- Hybrid systems in updating of computational models,
- Reverse engineering as taking apart an object to see how it works to duplicate or enhance the object - relations to source codes, 3-D images, hardware and software problems.